Monday, August 15, 2011

Trying For Peach


Peach #2 - red and orange. In real life, it looks like a creamsicle. 


Peach #1 red and yellow. 


#2 on the left and #1 on the right. 

A mix of green and blue that I hadn't tried before. I didn't get as much variation in the color as I got with the other dye experiments. 

I'm trying to replicate a soft peach that I saw on a hand dyed tee shirt at the Farmer's Market. I'm not getting the soft peach, but I am getting colors I really like. I want to try some experiments where one end of the skein is in the dye longer than the other end. I'd also like to try maybe blue on one end, then mix the green in the dye and dye the entire skein to see what I get. 

I suppose Dharma Trading sells a peach dye, but that would be too easy. Much more fun to play with color and see what I get. 

2 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Yum, these look good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes surprises are really nice. They look nice to me. I like that turquoise color too. I'm always drawn to that color for some reason.