Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Batik Stamps






Batik is even more addictive than beads. I am not interested in paying a couple hundred dollars apiece to buy tjaps, so I'm making my own stamps. I'll use white terra sig to show how the design will look. I'll glaze the stamp so the hot wax won't be absorbed into the clay. Jim will make me a wooden knob to glue to the back of the stamp so I won't worry about dropping the stamp in the hot wax. 

I now find myself doodling stamp designs. Can't wait to get these babies done, fired, glazed and tested out on fabric. 

3 comments:

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Cool, Deborah, I had no idea that clay stamps work with wax. I wonder if they work with ink? Very inspiring, thanks!

Janet Jo said...

Really nice patterns on your stamps. Those will make beautiful designs on the fabric. I admire your skill. I had not seen clay stamps before either.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

These are soooo cool, Deb! It would never have occurred to me. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the batiks you create with your own stamps!