Sunday, August 05, 2012

Batik Experiments, Round Three


II read where putting the cloth with the wax on it in the freezer would make for a crackle effect when using soy wax. 



I didn't get crackle, but I do like what I got. This was a white triangle of fabric that I had dyed with I think sage green. I stuffed the fabric into a quart jar that had dye solution in it. Then I did the wax. Then I over dyed it with sky blue. I like the circles I got. 

 Palomino gold under Orchid. 



Sky blue over parakeet. I slowed down my movements with the tjanting tool so the wax would have a chance to penetrate the fabric. 

 Sky blue over palomino gold. I used a cookie cutter to make the designs. 




Note to self: do NOT use bright yellow over parakeet. I had a big cat cookie cutter which I tried using. It does work, but I had a hard time getting it into the pan and even dropped it a couple times. 

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I really like these designs and colors!