Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A Few Thoughts On Blogging

There's no privacy on the internet.  I knew that before I set up a blog. Today, while going through paperwork, I discovered that my employer is watching my blog. (Hello, Hugh - how's by you?) What they thought they could find is beyond me. I've always been very careful about what I put into cyberspace.

Why do I bring this up? Aside from saying hello to Hugh? As a warning. If you're on the internet, it's not private. Anyone can see this blog. Anyone can see your blog. You think your facebook page is private? Don't bet the rent check on it. Remember the Racing Periogi who complained - on his facebook page - about the baseball team which paid him to dress up like a dumpling and run around the bases? He got canned because of his comments.

And so... if you wouldn't want to see it on the front page of the NY Times, don't put it on the internet.

1 comment:

www.welovequilting.com said...

Hugh is probably NOT the only one monitoring your blog along with others blogs.

It is scary , never know is doing what.

Hey the word verification was gultil.. At first I had to do a double take.. GUILTY!!!!