Follow by Email

Monday, October 11, 2010

Carole's Inhaler Pouch



Some assembly required. I'm going to let Carole sew on the button and tell me how far down she put it. 


Carole wanted a pouch for her inhaler that would fit on her belt. I told her I'd make one and call it research and development. I can see I need to move the loop for the belt to fit through. I also need to do a little more work on how wide the flap should be. 


However, I've never had to use an inhaler, so I really don't know exactly what I'm doing here. The pouch is 3"x3". What would you do to improve on this design? 


Many thanks. 

5 comments:

orkaloca said...

Hi deb, I like the fabric and model. The only thing I can suggest is that a round-shaped flap could work better, in my opinion, on your design. Hope this helps. have a nice sewing day!
Silvia

Anonymous said...

Ask her about velcro. I think the button would be fiddly if she needed a puff in a hurry.
:Diane

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

I recommend Velcro also. A button could be a nuisance when you can't breathe.

Alison Schwabe said...

A covered or toning button would work but probably Velcro's even better still.
A rounded flap or at least smaller/narrower than the width of the bag when it's fastened - does the bag really need to taper? or is that the effect with the puffer in it? in which case, a gusset would give volume/space for when the puffer is in the bag, making the shape look more regular - like how you make the edges of cushions curved, to make them look straight once the filler/form is inside.
Neat, ie unobtrusive/toning topstitch by hand or machine would look classier than machine embroidery around the edge of the flap...

acarolegrant said...

I agree with Alison's comment, re shape, decorative stitching etc... but I have one other suggestions... if this is to hang/attach to a belt, shouldn't the loop be at the top and not on the bottom? Or it will hang upside down? perhaps I am envisioning it wrong.. but at this moment, that is what I see.
This could be very classy with just a few touch-ups.
Carole is fortunate to have a friend like you.