Sunday, April 04, 2010

Anxiety Pockets

I wanted a place where my anxiety could stay so I didn't have to carry the anxiety around with me. I thought about that for a while, and came up with anxiety pockets. I wanted to make something lovely so the anxiety would be happy staying in the pocket. 


I used Panama Red on the back piece and Jim's bronze glaze on the pocket. 

This one is glazed with Coyote Clay Blue Oasis. In oxidation, this glaze sucks. It comes alive in reduction. 

I used commercial stamps to make the texture in both pieces. My first medium was fabric, and these have a fabric quality about them. 

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'd love to see you put your anxiety into one of your pockets, then when the piece fires the pocket closes and sets you free.
Will clay do that?

Deb Thuman said...

Yes, clay will do that - sometimes even when you don't want it to do that.