I got some new dyes and had to test them out. I took some pieces of fabric that I wasn't sure the contents of and some cotton crochet thread. I filled mason jars about 1/2 way with water, added salt and dye. I soaked the fabric and crochet thread in soda water and then added one fabric and one thread skein to each jar.
It's been too cold out to do dyeing out side, so the jars sat in my laundry tub overnight. Then the pieces were rinsed out and washed in Dharma's version of Synthropol.
I can't wait to start playing with the crochet thread.
I want to use this dye on fabric for a blouse. I love the color.
This was the only disappointment. I was using 1/16 of a teaspoon of dye. Clearly, this color needs more dye than that. I'll have to play around with it a little more.