Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Between Naps





I got a flu shot a few months ago, so I've only a mild version of the flu. No, I am not complaining! Between naps, I've been doing little odds and ends. The last issue of Threads had an article about needle weaving, so I decided to give it a try. This is hardly an inspired piece, but I did have fun playing with the different bits of thread, yarn and ribbon. 

I used a piece of foam that I use for felting. I covered it with a piece of old towel. Next was a piece of fabric and a piece of Misty Fuse. Then the needle weaving. According to the article, when finished, I'm supposed to iron over the weaving to make it stick to the Misty Fuse. Then, I can sew a border of sorts to the weaving and use it as embellishment. 

Having lots of different types of yarn, I can see me making larger pieces of needle weaving. I'm going to have to think about how I want to use this as an embellishment. Perhaps on a tote? Or a purse? 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hmmm, twin sisters. When I got my flu shot last year, Quilt Art had an article on pin weaving, so I tried it too. Yours is way prettier.