Sunday, April 01, 2007

Blankie



I needed to take a break from emotional art work so I thought I'd do something just for fun. Turns out this is emotional art work, too. I got out the reversible quilting book and learned how to do a reversible, quilt as I go type quilt. Then I proceeded to put an almost noticable dent in my stash of leftover fabrics. I had originally intended to make a quilt for use when taking a nap on the sofa.

When I was a little kid, my grandmother made me a quilt from all the leftover fabrics she had. I would look at the quilt and think, there's my blouse. There's my stuffed toy. There's my pajamas. This quilt I just finished is like that.

The quilt is a fabric version of comfort food, hence it's my blankie. And.... it's more emotional art.

1 comment:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Deb, I LOVE your "blankie"! It's just the kind of thing I do when I need a rest from "art" ... and yet it is art in its own way too. There's nothing like a cozy blankie when you need comfort ... it's like hugging yourself!
cheers,
Linda