Sunday, June 07, 2009

Dyeing





I dyed yesterday. I played with the dyes I have and blended two colors together. The colors don't photograph all that well. But... here are Jim's new socks. They are made from bamboo - very soft, very durable, dyes very well. The pairs are where I played with different combinations of purple and different combinations of blue green. The brilliant orange isn't quite what I was aiming at, but I like it. Eventually, I want to dye fabric with my colors. A few hundred more experiments, and I will have great colors.

5 comments:

Sherryl said...

Love them!

Leslie said...

Mmmmmm! Yum, very kewl.

Lora Martin said...

I did some dyeing yesterday, too. I've got some hunks of fabric, but no garments. Got to get some of those blanks.

The socks are wonderful.

alice said...

Yummy colors - I love how bamboo yarn dyes!

SewThankfulTracy said...

Love, love, LOVE those socks!!! Great job, Deb.