Follow by Email

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Trying For Pastel Colors









I tried for pastel colors today. Obviously, I didn't get what I was aiming at. The first dye batch used 1/2 teaspoon of dye per quart jar. This batch used 1/4 teaspoon per quart jar. Next time, I'll use 1/8 teaspoon. 


Last time, I didn't scrub the skein of crochet cotton and it dyed just fine. I'm using the same crochet cotton this time. I had bought the extra giant size ball of white. This time, there are parts of the skeins that didn't dye so well. I'm going to get much more variation in the color which I think will work well when I crochet something. 


No, I didn't make two batches of orange. One is orange and one is red. 

1 comment:

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

It all looks yummy!