Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Firing 3-22-11







I tried a bit of an experiment with this load. Instead of firing reduction from ^08 through ^1, I fired reduction from ^08 through ^5. I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with the results. I did like what was happening with the shorter reduction. 

This time, the unglazed  Anasazi clay turned toasty brown. It's a nice color, but I like the streakiness of the colors on the unglazed with I use a shorter reduction. 

I'm about ready to give up on Coyote Clay glazes. A few do better in reduction. I'm still having problems with getting the application even. Jim is having the same problem and his glazing skills are better than mine. 

The pieces were still too hot to unload, so I only took a few photos. More photos when we unload the kiln. 

No comments: