Sunday, October 11, 2009

City Lights







When I was a kid, we lived out in the middle of nowhere. It was a farming area that would, in about 20 years, become over priced housing with as many houses crammed into a subdivision as possible. As a kid, I longed to live in a city where there would be lots of people (all dressed in Victorian garb) and lots of lights (all street lights would be gas) and life would be so exciting. Even as an adult, when I took Jim to New York City, I took him up on top of the Empire State Building at night so we could see the city lights. We danced on top of the world. 

And so I made this cuff with those magical memories in mind. 

Yes, that's one of my ceramic buttons on the cuff. 

1 comment:

Carole said...

Hi Deb... I am commenting on your 'city lights' rather than the top one.
This one touches my senses because you sound like me....as a kid... only our 'middle of nowhere' still is.. and I, at this ripe old age... still love the 'city lights'.
I am older than you and there was a country song by that name when I was a kid....that may have influenced me.

Keep posting your lovely work and letting us know it is here.