Sunday, September 06, 2009

Bead Bowls



I have been doing some beading lately, and I needed some shallow bowls for my beads. I'm not fond of chasing seed beads around the table and a custard cup is a little too deep to use comfortable.

So I made my own bead dishes. These are coated with terra sig and bisque fired. I'm not all that happy with how I put the terra sig on the red bowls, but I do like the black. I figured I'd need black for the clear, white and silver beads. The red would work for all the other colors. I'll have to give them a test drive a little later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat design. How big are they? I've been using shallow plastic lids but your dishes are far more elegant!

Jacquie

neolasdaughter said...

How cool. Better than an ashtray.
I like the black.

Lorri Lee Chambers said...

these are beautiful..I love the simple lines...

I have always used corn on the cob bowls they are long and have a spout to pour the beads back in so I have collected lots of them....my one daughter made me some at a ceramics class...

Enjoy ....

Joy Manoleros said...

Deb, I love these! Very clever! I use those little pyrex custard cups. Yours are prettier :o)