Sunday, April 27, 2008

Raku The Naked and the Clothed

I did a raku firing on Saturday. The first load was naked raku. I had used white terra sig and then tinted the white with underglaze for some colored terra sig. After bisque firing, I coated the pieces with slip and fired them. I think the most successful pieces are the buttons and beads. Now all I've got to do is figure out a way to make it so the buttons can go through the wash without losing the smoke lines.

The second load was a regular raku with a clear crackle glaze on some pieces and metallic glazes on others. The two tiles with the eyes have both clear crackle and metallic glazes.

1 comment:

ReneOrgeron said...

Deb I do enjoy your work, you have a free spirit in all you do. Love the Raku and the clothes are fun. Rene Orgeron