Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Accepting Myself.
A Quiltart list challenge was to design a quilt that would be a merit badge if one received merit badges as an adult. After many years of feeling like a fish in a forest, I finally decided that I'm okay, it's okay to be a fish and I accept myself. The beads on the head of the fish were a gift from a special friend. She found these beads while she was in Mexico. The intresting part is, I couldn't figure out what to do with the head of the fish, and then the beads arrived in the mail. They coordinated perfectly.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

And a very nice fish, too!

Allison said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You are going to love it!

Julaine said...

Congratulations on setting up your blog! Have you joined the "Artful Quilters" web ring, yet?

I'm currently offering a challenge to the fiber art bloggers: it involves posting a pic of your studio (if it is a little untidy)- the purpose is to "scare" everyone, and then after Halloween, we have until November 30th to do a little clean up, and post a "after" picture -

Cool fish.....

Debra said...

DebT,

Yeah... just what we need another Deb on the arftul quilt ring. YOu need (I think 5 posts before you can be accepted).

If you have any questions about how to do things, just send me an email. This IS easier than a website.. as I can do this and I can't do websites.

Shoshana said...

I love the fish, and the sentiment.

Robbin Neff said...

Deb, I find your work, as Jim's, very interesting. Quite different from mine, which is making the world a richer place. Keep going. Your buttons are a delight to my creative side. When in a similar class, tiles to test glazes never came up. It is fun knowing you through the art quilts internet group. I think you fish in the forest is perfectly understandable from what you wrote, but visually it is hard to see the forest. I'm sure in person it would be different, and hints of a forest may be just what you intended anyway. It's yours, and you can do anything you want. I love your attitude.